The Folkert Hellinga MSc Award
Since 1994 the Network Land & Water annually awards a prize to the most leading WUR MSc thesis in the broad field of (applied) environmental sciences. WUR studies in the broad field of (applied) environmental sciences are for example:
- Climate Studies
- Development and Rural Innovation
- Earth and Environment
- Environmental Sciences
- Forest and Nature Conservation
- Geo-information Science
- International Land and Water Management
- Landscape Architecture and Planning
- Leisure, Tourism and Environment
- Urban Environmental Management
The Folkert Hellinga Award is granted to increase familiarity with education and research and to improve the exchange with professional practice. The prize is composed of
- a sum of €1000.-
- a certificate
- a subscription to a magazine of choice (up to a maximum of € 100.-).
- free membership (one year) of Network Land and Water.
An honourable mention will be awarded a sum of € 125.
The award is named after Prof. Folkert Hellinga, the first professor in agricultural engineering for the (at that time called) agricultural university of applied sciences Wageningen (Landbouw Hogeschool Wageningen).
Thesis completed in the (calender) year 2020 can be submitted continuously. Please download the submission form. The submission deadline is the 15th of March 2021.
The jury that will judge the submitted theses consists of: